- About 4-H
- Lake Cumberland 4-H Educational Center
- Programs and Events
- Animal Sciences
- Dog Programs
- Science, Engineering, and Technology
- Shooting Sports
- State Fair
- Family & Consumer Science
- Natural Resources
- 4-H Camp
- County Offices
- 4-H Access
Science, Engineering, and Technology
NATIONAL YOUTH SCIENCE DAY experiment - October each year
2013 - NYSD experiment (GPS/GIS) coming soon!
2012 - Eco-bots
See your county extenion 4-H agents for details during the month of October!
national site: www.4-h.org/4-h-national-youth-science-day/
SET - 4-H Science (Science, Engineering & Technology)Looking for ways to introduce young people to the world of science, engineering and technology? SET/STEM is one of the core areas in Kentucky 4-H. Kentucky has a variety of areas to offer youth;
- biotechnology (forensics),
- spatial science (GPS/GIS),
- physics zoo
- These are just a few opportunities for youth to experience hands-on, educational programming. Science can be incorporated into most of the other 4-H core areas.
Don't forget the National Youth Science Day experiement each October!
Contact your local extension 4-H agent for more details.
KY 4-H Science, Engineering & Technology Facebook (link)
KY Girls STEM Collaborative and 4-H partnership
2013 Aquabots Robotics Camp for girls- July 29-Aug 2
- Educators training on Aquabots (robotics) March 11-13, 2013 (Lexington)
- Educator Application (due Mar. 5) (doc) Educator Letter (doc)
- Educator Schedule (doc) Hotel information for Educator Trn (doc)
- Camp for GIRLS (middle school through 10th grade) July 29-Aug 2, 2013 (contact Jann Burks, email: email@example.com) or 859-218-0986 for details
- Application (pdf): Fax Sheet (pdf); Flyer (pdf)