(MISSION AND GOALS)
PLT uses the forest as a "window on the world" to increase students' understanding of our complex environment; to stimulate critical and creative thinking; to develop the ability to make informed decisions on environmental issues; and to instill the confidence and commitment to take responsible action on behalf of the environment.
PLT's goals are to:
1. Provide students with the awareness, appreciation, understanding, skills, and commitment to address environmental issues.
2. Enable students to apply scientific processes and higher order thinking skills to resolve environmental problems.
3. Help students acquire an appreciation and tolerance of diverse viewpoints on environmental issues, and develop attitudes and actions based on analysis and evaluation of the available information.
4. Encourage creativity, originality, and flexibility to resolve environmental problems and issues.
5. Inspire and empower students to become responsible, productive, and participatory members of society.