To apply to the graduate program in hospitality and dietetics administration you will need to apply to the Graduate School at the University of Kentucky. Please do the following:
Apply to the UK Graduate School
To apply to the Graduate School, please follow the instructions and fill out an online Application
Please note that the graduate school no longer accepts paper-based application. You will be asked to submit the following items; see the graduate school information page for more details.
- The program code to use when applying to this program is HDA.
- Official GRE scores are required for admission. You will be asked to self-report these scores on the application (you can also supply a future date for taking the test). We will, however, also require official scores from the reporting agency. GRE scores should be sent directly to us from Educational Testing Service (ETS); the Institution Code for the GRE for UK Graduate School is R1837.
- You will be asked to upload copies of transcripts from all higher education institutions attended and, in the case of domestic students, to self-report cumulative GPA’s for each institution. If you are offered admission and decide to enroll you will then be required to submit official transcripts to the Graduate School.
- Application fee of $65 for domestic applicants or $75 for international applicants. This must be paid online.
- All applicants whose native language is not English will be asked to self-report one of these scores on the application. As for GRE scores, we also require official language scores be sent to us directly from the reporting agency.
- TOEFL scores should be sent directly to us from Educational Testing Service (ETS); the Institution Code for the TOEFL for UK Graduate School is 1837.
- IELTS scores should be sent directly to us from the International English Language Testing Service specifying the University of Kentucky Graduate School, Lexington, Kentucky as the recipient institution.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- A curriculum vitae (CV) or resume. You will be asked to upload your CV to the application.
- A statement of purpose is required. This document should be one or two pages and can include your background, your preparation and your purpose for going to graduate school, your career goal and your research and teaching interests.
When applying to the graduate school for the dietetics internship only, please select external certification and dietetic internship on the application.
Please check the website http://www.uky.edu/registrar/tuition-fees for fee information or call the graduate school.