Faculty members in the Department of Dietetics and Human Nutrition feature a variety of themes of research including
- Use of information technology in hospitality and tourism industry,
- Expenditure patterns for travel and food-away-from-home,
- Tourism in Kentucky,
- Small and medium hospitality & tourism enterprise,
- Economic development in developing countries,
- Nutritional needs and patterns of those with disabilities,
- Consumers’ attitudes and behaviors in the areas of diet & food safety,
- Healthy weight,
- Built environment, and
- Development of new food products with therapeutic or health benefits.
Dr. Kelly Webber measures the body composition of Courtney Childers using the department's Bod Pod system.
Along with faculty members, our graduate students are actively involved in research activities.