Purdue University, 2011
Hospitality and Tourism Management
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, 2004
Hospitality and Tourism Management
Beijing International Studies University, 2003
Dr. Lu’s main stream of research is in hospitality and event management. Her research focuses on service management and consumer behaviors in service settings, particularly on the topics of customer engagement, loyalty, and interactive experiences in local communities and travel destinations. In a short period of time in academia, Dr. Lu has published nearly forty refereed publications in leading journals and conference proceedings. Since she started her work at the University of Kentucky (UK) in 2011, she has been awarded various grants in a total of nearly $100,000. In addition to the remarkable record, Dr. Lu excels in the quality of her scholarly work. Her recent research was selected for the Best Paper Award at the International Convention and Expo Submit in Hong Kong in 2012 and WHTER/ICES Conference Bangkok, Thailand, 2013. Dr. Lu’s academic achievement was recognized in media in the U.S. and China. Her expertise has been sought by institutions in the U.S., Europe, Mainland China and Macau SAR. She has served as the Editor-in-Chief of International Journal of Hospitality and Event Management (IJHEM), and Guest Editor for International Journal of Tourism Anthropology on special issue for trends and issues of tourist behavior. She is an Editorial Board member and Ad Hoc reviewer for leading journals and conferences in the field of hospitality and event management. Dr. Lu is listed in Who’s Who in America 2014 (68th Edition).
Before Dr. Lu joined UK, she had developed her professional experience in both academic and industry positions. She was a faculty at South China University of Technology for almost four years. Prior to that, she was an Assistant Director for customer service at one of the largest International Convention & Exhibition Centers in China.
- Event Planning and Coordination
- Advanced Seminar of Lodging Industry and Tourism
- Introduction to Hospitality Management and Tourism
- Service Management
- Advanced Information Technology in the Hospitality Industry
- Hospitality and Event Management: Consumer behavior in service settings. Consumer engagement strategies, loyalty programs, drivers of attendee loyalty to events, and impacts of events on host communities.
- Who’s who in America 2014
- Editor-in-Chief, International Journal of Hospitality and Event Management
- Editorial Board Member, International Journal of Qualitative Research in Services
- Editorial Board Member, International Journal of Tourism Anthropology
- Best Paper Award, World Convention on Hospitality, Tourism & Events Research (WHTER) & International Convention and Expo Summit (ICES) 2013, May 24nd – 28th, 2013, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Best Paper Award, International Convention and Expo Summit 2012, May 22 - 24, 2012, Hong Kong, China.
- Media Recognition in Horizon, School of Hospitality and Tourism Management, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong, China, Fall Issue, 2011
- Media Recognition in Boilerplate, School of Hospitality and Tourism Management, Purdue University, Fall Issue, 2010
- Norma H. Compton Outstanding Doctoral Student Award Nomination, School of Consumer Sciences, Purdue University, 2010
- Outstanding Graduate Teaching Award, School of Hospitality and Tourism Management, Purdue University, 2010