Home › School › Research Center for Families and Children › Potential Initial Strategies
Research Center for Families and Children
Potential initial strategies are:
- Promote research that:
- Engages a small cadre of UK sophomores, juniors, and seniors in research opportunities, both within and across HES disciplines.
- Supports greater understanding of children, youth, and families both locally, but also globally.
- Expands collaborations with business and industry.
- Is supported by grants and ideally interdisciplinary in nature.
- Promote research culture by:
- Developing specific opportunities for HES graduate/Ph.D. students in the RCFC that support their professional development.
- Creating a graduate student research presentation series that includes work from across HES disciplines.
- Creating a research undergraduate course (HES 300/400).
- Creating an undergraduate student research presentation day.
- Developing an annual event (UK HES Business and Industry Partnerships) that would invite someone from business and industry to speak to undergraduates, graduates, and faculty at a large forum and smaller discussions.
- Continuing discussions with the HES Leadership Team about the Great Plains Idea.
- Promoting faculty research luncheons.