University of Tennessee, 1982
University of Tennessee, 1973
Textiles & Clothing
Morehead State University, 1971
Vocational Home Economics Educ.
Protective clothing for various occupations has been another research focus. Dr. Easter has worked with manufacturers to evaluate design options and materials for protective fire fighters’ turnout coats. She also evaluated quality characteristics of fabrics used for protective clothing for agriculture workers to protect them from harmful pesticides.
Dr. Easter is a textile consultant and spends one day a week in the industry. Over 50 corporations and organizations have utilized her expertise in textile testing for product development, evaluation and laundry fundamentals.
- MAT 120: Textiles for Consumers
- MAT 515: Specification & Evaluation of Textiles & Apparel
- MAT 520: Textiles for Interiors
- HES/MAT 600: Research Methods
- Laundry fundamentals of consumer and institutional textiles
- Quality Control evaluation of apparel and textiles
- Protective clothing