School of Human Environmental Sciences
2014 Student Awards
All Human Environmental Sciences faculty are invited to nominate students for the School of Human Environmental Sciences 2014 Student Awards. All recipients will be honored at the awards ceremony to be held at 5 p.m. on Friday, May 2 at the E.S. Good Barn.
One Undergraduate Student of Distinction will be selected from the complete pool of undergraduate nominations. Additionally, one Student of Excellence will be selected for each undergraduate program listed below.
For graduate student awards, one Graduate Student of Distinction will be selected from the complete pool of graduate nominations. In addition, four Student of Excellence awards will be presented: one master’s student will be recognized in each department, along with a doctoral student in Family Sciences
The deadline for nominations is 12 p.m. on Friday, April 4, 2014.
Undergraduate Programs (One Student of Excellence to be named per program)
- Family Sciences/Family and Consumer Sciences
- Family and Consumer Sciences Education
- Hospitality Management and Tourism
- Human Nutrition
- Merchandising, Apparel and Textiles
Graduate Awards (One Student of Excellence per department and degree level as listed below)
- Family Sciences (Master’s students)
- Family Sciences (Doctoral program)
- Dietetics and Human Nutrition (Master’s students)
- Retailing and Tourism Management (Master’s students)
Undergraduate students will be nominated and selected on the basis of demonstrated excellence in academics, leadership and service within the Department, School of Human Environmental Sciences, the College of Agriculture, the University, and communities external to the University.
Graduate students will be nominated and selected on the basis of demonstrated excellence in academics, research/scholarly/creative works, leadership and service to the Department, School of Human Environmental Sciences, College of Agriculture, University, and communities external to the University.
Nomination guidelines are as follows:
- Student must be nominated by a faculty member in the School of Human Environmental Sciences.
- Student GPA must be at least a 3.0 cumulative.
- Student must complete and submit the electronic application form by the deadline.
- The electronic form requests a personal statement describing why they should be selected as a Student of Excellence as described on the application form.
- Forms are available at:
- Undergraduate - https://uky.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_eleNfYfe2uoTrWR
- Graduate - https://uky.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_9sK9wOaVMWKSsKN
- Nominating faculty must submit a letter of nomination via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline. It is suggested that letters be drafted, printed on letterhead, signed, then scanned and emailed. Departments should have scanning ability. If you need assistance with scanning, please contact Kim Henken via email or phone (257-3887).
- Students who completed degrees in December 2013 are eligible for nomination.
- Previous winners will not be eligible with the same classification (i.e. undergraduate or graduate).