Six students from the School of Human Environmental Sciences have been named as College of Agriculture, Food and Environment Ambassadors for 2014-2015. These outstanding students will represent the School and the College at multiple events throughout the year, provide tours for prospective students, and share information about the College and School in a variety of venues. The students were recently introduced at the School of HES awards ceremony.
- Christa Childers is a senior majoring in dietetics. She will graduate in December 2014 and begin her dietetic internship in January 2015. She has served as president of the Student Dietetic and Nutrition Association this year, providing leadership to the organization’s work to fight hunger both locally and globally. Christa is completing her first year as an ambassador and will continue in this role through December.
- Kenya Frazier is a junior family sciences major with a minor in African American studies. She is from Louisville, Kentucky. Kenya is president of UK’s chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People and vice president of See Blue through Ribbons of Hope. She will be serving her second year as a college ambassador.
- Allison Burke is a sophomore majoring in Merchandising, Apparel, and Textiles from Edgewood, KY. She is a founder of the Rhetoric Society of America and a member of the National Honor Society of Collegiate Scholars here at UK.
- Kierra Crawford is a junior Human Nutrition major from Louisville, KY. Kierra participated in Education Abroad in Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin in Berlin, Germany. She represents Minorities in Agriculture Natural Resource and Related Sciences (MANNRS) on Agricultural Student Council.
- Rachel Ditto is a junior Hospitality Management and Tourism major from Danville, KY. Rachel participated in Education Abroad through Georgetown College in Temuco, Chile. She is also an active member of the Hospitality Management Association.
- Denise Schaeffer is a sophomore Dietetics major from Lexington, KY. Denise has volunteered with Habitat for Humanity, Ronald McDonald House, Central Baptist and God’s Pantry. She is also the Team Lexington Volleyball Board Director.
In addition to the incoming and continuing ambassadors, the School of HES also recognized two outstanding students who are completing their tenure as college ambassadors.
- Kayla Brackman is a junior in human nutrition. She has been accepted to and will start classes at the top-ranked UK College of Pharmacy this fall.
- Kenyatta Chandler is graduating from the didactic program in dietetics. She will be completing her dietetic internship at Southern A & M University in Louisiana beginning in August.
Thanks to Kayla and Kenyatta for their service in the college this year, and congratulations to Christa, Kenya, Allison, Kierra, Rachel and Denise on their selection as ambassadors!