Phi Upsilon Omicron (Phi U), Iota Chapter at the University of Kentucky, is an honor society for students who have majors in the School of Human Environmental Sciences*. It seeks to develop the leadership qualities and the professionalism that are essential to success post-graduation. We accomplish this through completing projects in our community that are related to issues found in the School of Human Environmental Sciences.
What is needed to get involved?
- Undergraduates-Cumulative GPA of 3.0 /36 credit hours earned (at least 12 hours at UK)
- Graduate Students-Cumulative GPA of 3.2/ 12 Graduate hours at UK
- Strong sense of community service
- Great potential for leadership
The purposes of Phi Upsilon Omicron are to:
- Recognize and promote academic excellence.
- Enhance qualities of leadership by providing opportunities for service.
- Encourage lifelong learning and commitment to advance family and consumer sciences and related areas.
National website: http://www.phiu.org/
*Human Environmental Sciences majors: Dietetics, Family Sciences, Family & Consumer Science Education, Hospitality Management, Human Nutrition, and Merchandising, Apparel & Textiles
Fall 2013 upcoming Meetings: Wednesday at 4:00pm (location: TBA)
- October 2
- October 16 - tentative
- November 6