Phi Upsilon Omicron (Phi U), Iota Chapter at the University of Kentucky, is an honor society for students who have majors in the School of Human Environmental Sciences*. It seeks to develop the leadership qualities and the professionalism that are essential to success post-graduation. We accomplish this through completing projects in our community that are related to issues found in the School of Human Environmental Sciences.
What is needed to get involved?
- Undergraduates-Cumulative GPA of 3.0 /36 credit hours earned (at least 12 hours at UK)
- Graduate Students-Cumulative GPA of 3.2/ 12 Graduate hours at UK
- Strong sense of community service
- Great potential for leadership
The purposes of Phi Upsilon Omicron are to:
- Recognize and promote academic excellence.
- Enhance qualities of leadership by providing opportunities for service.
- Encourage lifelong learning and commitment to advance family and consumer sciences and related areas.
National website: http://www.phiu.org/
*Human Environmental Sciences majors: Dietetics, Family Sciences, Family & Consumer Science Education, Hospitality Management, Human Nutrition, and Merchandising, Apparel & Textiles
MARK YOUR CALENDAR FOR ACTIVITIES – SPRING 2014
- Monday, Feb 3 - 6:30pm – EH 204 (The Lemon Tree) - 3.0 Reception for Prospective Members to learn more about Phi U. Meet members and alums. Obtain applications.
- MEMBERSHIP APPLICATIONS AVAILABLE IN ROOM 112 ERIKSON HALL
- Wednesday, Feb 12 – 5:00pm - DEADLINE TO TURN IN MEMBERSHIP APPLICATIONS & RECOMMENDATIONS – room 112 Erikson Hall (SELECTION COMMITTEE MEETS FEBRUARY 13)
- Monday, February 17 -6:30pm - CHAPTER MEETING – location-Erikson Hall (room –TBA)
- Friday, February 28 – 4:00pm – New Member Orientation – Erikson Hall rm. 203
- Sunday, March 2 – 2:00pm - Initiation and Founder’s Day - Gorham Hall in the ES GOOD BARN(across from Commonwealth Stadium)