University of Kentucky, PSS
Ag. Science Bldg. North
1100 Nicholasville Road (Office:122K)
Lexington, KY 40546-0091
Pedology, Environmental Soil Mineralogy/Geochemistry
• B.S. (1969), University of Thessaloniki, Greece, Agronomy Department.
• M.S. (1978), University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Agronomy Department.
• Ph.D. (1982), Auburn University, Department of Agronomy and Soils.
(1) Using thermodynamic approaches to explain pedogenic processes, mineral weathering, and mineral distribution under different environmental settings.
(2) Developing and refining soil mineral quantification methods.
(3) Quantifying the role of colloidal soil particles in transporting agrochemicals and heavy metal contaminants to surface and ground water.
(4) Improving constructed wetland technology for onsite wastewater and acid mine drainage treatment.
(5) Conducting soil survey investigations in support of the Kentucky Cooperative Soil Survey Program
• J.H.Heick Professor of Soil Science, Dept. of Plant & Soil Sciences, University of Kentucky, 2003-present.
• Fulbright Senior Scholar, University of Thessaloniki, Greece, 2000
• Professor, Dept. of Agronomy,
University of Kentucky, 1994-present.
• Associate Professor, Dept. of Agronomy, University of Kentucky, 1988-94.
• Assistant Professor, Dept. of Agronomy, University of Kentucky, 1983-88.
• Postdoctoral Research Associate, Dept. of Agronomy & Soils, Auburn University,
• Graduate Research Assistant, Dept. of Agronomy & Soils, Auburn University,1978-82.
• International Atomic Energy Fellow, Dept. of Agronomy, Univ. of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1976-78.
This person page last updated on 2010-04-08
Books and Book Chapters
Refereed Journal Articles
Other Research Publications