|| Ph.D. Plant Pathology,
M.S. Plant Pathology,
B.A. Botany, Rutgers
|Focus & Responsibilities
- Management of diseases of turf, forages, corn, and forest trees
- International agriculture
- Molecular diagnostics
- Programming on diverse topics relating to sustainability of food systems
- Kentucky Co-Coordinator for the Southern Region Sustainable Agriculture Research and Extension (SARE) Program
- PPA-620, Fungicides, Advanced Concepts
- PPA-630, Introduction to Genetically Engineered Crops, Risks and Benefits I
- PPA-631, Introduction to Genetically Engineered Crops, Risks and Benefits II
- Advanced Concepts in Sustainable Crop Production and Disease Management, Insights from Nicaragua (Education Abroad course)
- Extension Professor,
University of Kentucky.
Member of the faculty
- Extension Plant Pathologist,
University of Wyoming,
Laramie, WY. 1988-1990
- Botanist, U.S. Peace
Corps, Colombia and
|Awards, Recognition, Service
- Councilor-At-Large, American Phytopathological Society, 2015-2018
- Fulbright U.S. Scholar Award to Nicaragua, 2014
- Fulbright Specialist in Agriculture Award to Uruguay, 2013
- M. Whitekar Award for Excellence in Extension, 2012
- Great Teacher Award, University of Kentucky Alumni Association, 2011
- Provost's Award for Outstanding Teaching, University of Kentucky, 2011
- Provost's Distinguished Service Professorship, Awarded 2007
- Excellence in Teaching Award, American Phytopathological Society, 2007
- Fulbright Scholar
to Uruguay, 2005.
- Master Teacher Award,
Gamma Sigma Delta, Kentucky
of the Year”,
- Vincelli, P., and Lee, C. 2015. Influence of open alleys in field trials assessing yield effects from fungicides in corn. Plant Disease 99:263-266.
- Vincelli, P. and Humble, J. 2013. Climate Change Extension, Presenting the Science is Necessary but Insufficient. The International Journal of Climate Change: Impacts and Responses. 4(4):109-116.
- Vincelli, P., and Amsden, B. 2013. Comparison of tissue-disruption methods for PCR-based detection of plant pathogens. Plant Dis. 97:363-368.
- Vincelli, P., Meyer, L., Burris, R., Coolong, T., Bessin, R., Bewley, J., Taraba, J., Barnes, T., McCulley, R., and Wagner, G. 2011. Climate Change: A Brief Summary for Kentucky Extension Agents. ID-191, 4 pp.
- Vincelli, P., Williams, D.W., and Dixon, E. 2011. Early curative fungicide applications provide disease control on fairway-height creeping bentgrass. Online. Applied Turfgrass Science. doi:10.1094/ATS-2011-1025-01-RS.
- Vincelli, P., and Seebold, K. 2009. Report of a Watermelon mosaic potyvirus strain in Kentucky undetected by ELISA. Online. Plant Health Progress doi:10.1094/PHP-2009-0313-01-BR.
- Vincelli, P. and Tisserat, N. 2008. Nucleic acid-based pathogen detection in applied plant pathology. Plant Dis. 92:660-669.
- Vincelli, P. 2004. Simulations of fungicide runoff following applications for turfgrass disease control. Plant Dis.88:391-396.
- Vincelli, P., and Dixon, E. 2002. Resistance to Q o I (strobilurin-like) fungicides in isolates of Pyricularia grisea from perennial ryegrass. Plant Disease 85:235-240.
- Vincelli, P., Henning, J., Hendrick, T., Brown, J., Osborne, L. J., Prewitt, B., Shields, V., Sorrell, D., Strohmeier, K. D., Tackett, R., and Wyles, J. W. 2000. Improved seedling health, yield, and stand persistence with Aphanomyces root
rot-resistant alfalfa following natural epidemics. Agron. J. 92:1071-1076.