- Supporter &/or Non-profit Organization $50
- Sponsor and/or Business $100
- Lifetime, Organization $1000*
Keeping our gardens beautiful, fresh and exciting takes tremendous effort. A gift to The Arboretum from a recognition or dedication event has a lasting effect. Such events include a birthday, wedding, anniversary, a birth of a child, a memorial, or even a congratulatory wish.
The Aboretum also accepts monetary donations of all sizes and can be earmarked for: Greatest Need, Rose Garden, Walk Across Kentucky or the Kentucky Children's Garden.
Please contact us
Friends of The Arboretum offers many levels of membership. The Friends is a non-profit organization, founded in 1992, for the purpose of providing support to The Arboretum.
The mission of the Friends is to:
- stimulate interest in The Arboretum
- to encourage participation in its educational and recreational aspect
- to raise funds to assist in its development
Funds received from the members of the Friends provide resources to expand collections and to provide educational and cultural activities.
Through your support, The Arboretum will have an opportunity to continue to grow and meet the needs and interests of visitors of all ages. Each year we have over 200,000 visitors from throughout the U.S. as well as many other countries. Many individuals participate in scheduled tours and events.
Basic Membership Benefits
- Free subscription to the quarterly Arboretum Newsletter, with complete schedule of Arboretum events, worthy gardening tips, volunteer news and activities
- 10% off regularly priced items at listed garden/nursery centers in Central Kentucky (see below)
- Invitation to "members only" events
- Free and/or discounted admission to Arboretum Programs and Events
- Listing of Members in quarterly Arboretum Newsletter and Annual Report
- Free or discounted admission to over 200 Botanical Gardens throughout the US; Visit AHS to view participating gardens
- Free one year subscription to Better Homes and Gardens Magazine
Current Merchants participating in the 10% off*
- Bi-Water Farm & Greenhouses
- Fayette Seed Company
- Foxhaven Daylily
- Glynn Young's Landscaping & Nursery
- Louis' Flower Power Shops
- Springhouse Gardens
- Michler's Florist & Greenhouses
- Kings Gardens
- Redmond's Garden & Landscaping
- Sunshine Grow Shops
- Wilson's Nursery
- Pemberton's Greenhouses
*Merchant participation may change without notice
**Must present Friends of The Arboretum Current Membership card to receive discount.
Adopt a Garden
Adopt A Plot help is always needed. This program is designed to give individuals, families, and groups an opportunity to join our family by assisting in the maintenance and development of the Arboretum. The garden area has been divided into many plots of varying size and complexity, which are available for adoption. “Adoptive parents” agree to weed and provide general cleanup for their plot. The time commitment would be about one to two hours every week or two from spring through fall. Participants are recognized by a sign identifying their plot. Interested persons should contact The Arboretum at 257-6955 as soon as possible.
Our volunteers make us bloom! Every year, hundreds of volunteers contribute thousands of hours to keep The Arboretum growing. This group forms a close and friendly team that keep our gardens growing in every way.
Be part of this amazing group. Email us today with how you’d like to help:
- Plan, welcome and assist the public at special events
- Guide school children on ecological explorations
- Participate in Adopt-A-Plot (individually or as a club/group)
- Photograph plants, people, and programs at The Arboretum
- Write grants
- Help publicize The Arboretum
- Write articles for the Friends' newsletter
- Help remove invasive plants from Arboretum Woods: primarily Euonymus fortunei and Lonicera maackii
- Potted plants for exchange and sale
- Serve as a Tour docent
- Help out with the children's gardening program
Second Saturday of every month (except Dec. & Jan.) will be a volunteer workday. Join us from 9a-Noon to volunteer at The Arboretum. Please dress appropriate for outside garden work (including CLOSED TOE SHOES). Bring gloves if you have them, we will provide the tools! Any questions, please call us at 859.257.6955.
We actively seek qualified interns from the following areas of interest: communications (marketing, public relations) and agriculture (plant and soil sciences, horticulture, forestry).
us today with your resume, available work hours and area of interest.