Student Leadership Development
Through the generous support from the W. Norris Duvall Leadership Endowment Fund the Center for Leadership Development offers students majoring in the College of Agriculture or the Biosystems and Agricultural Engineering Program opportunities to discover their leadership potential. By participating in either of the two certificate programs students can grow their leadership skills through experiential learning workshops, classes and on and off campus leadership experiences.
Explorations in Leadership Certificate
This one year certificate allows students who are in their freshman through senior year to gain a certificate by completing the following requirements:
- Complete an application
- Take GEN 300- Effective Leadership Skills (1 Credit) offered every Spring Semester – this is a class made up of 10 separate leadership development workshops that meets every other week for 2 hours. Sample Syllabus
- Participate for a minimum of one semester in at least one on campus student organization
- Maintain a GPA in good standing
- Turn in written reflections for each leadership experience and workshop by the end of the school year in which enrolled
- It is possible to complete program in one semester but it must be completed within one year.
- See Explorations in Leadership program manual for more details.