- Administrative Team
- College Plans, Reviews and Reports
- About UKAg
- Quick Facts
- College of Agriculture, Food and Environment Facilities and Maps - Campus
- Past Deans
- Land-Grant Colleges and Universities
- Ag North Building Sculpture
The Provost's Office has begun an initiative designed to organize, track, and report on faculty productivity. To facilitate this initiative, the university has purchased a web-based information management system called Digital Measures (DM) that promotes systematic collection of data required for academic and administrative reporting. This system will be used to collect faculty and (eventually) graduate student activity for CV generation, new faculty orientation needs, and department, college, and institutional reporting. DM can provide real-time updates for college and faculty profile web pages and support merit performance evaluations, strategic planning and reporting, student learning assessment, and evidence of compliance for SACS and program accreditation standards.
What does the DM project mean for COA faculty members? Initially, the project will entail that in the near future all COA faculty members submit a current CV for data entry into the system. The CVs will be entered in DM by a group of professional data entry staff hired by the provost specifically for this purpose; no action is required from the faculty other than providing a current CV in Word to AG-EVAL-L@LSV.UKY.EDU by Friday, March 19. Earlier submission is appreciated. After the system becomes fully operational, faculty members will be asked to keep their CVs current in the DM system.
The DM project is moving along with speed. Efforts to be sure that DM will accommodate the needs of faculty in the College of Agriculture include the following:
1. In the coming weeks an ad hoc committee (Scott Shearer, Bob Harmon, Ron Werner-Wilson, Jamie Profitt, Leslie Oliver, Lisa Collins, Larry Grabau, Larry Jones, and Karen Ramage) will determine what enhancements DM might need to accommodate extension faculty CVs and other productivity specific to the college, such as formula-funded research projects.
2. In order to test the system and further identify the reporting needs of COA faculty, staff members Brooke Stone, Darlene Mylin, and Kevin Horn are currently entering CVs from six participating COA faculty members in the extension, clinical, and regular title series. These staff members are working with the provost's DM coordinator to identify any shortcomings the system might have for COA faculty members.
3. Faculty members in the Department of Entomology have agreed to be the first test department. Their CVs will be entered into DM in the coming days by the professional data entry staff hired by the provost specifically for this purpose. After the data entry is completed, Entomology faculty members will have the opportunity to check their DM-generated CVs and comment on the system. Forestry will follow on the heels of Entomology and all other departments will be entered thereafter.
4. Department chairs and associate deans have been involved in DM demonstrations and discussions. As DM becomes operational in the college, faculty members and staff will have the opportunity for CV update data entry demonstrations and assistance.
The goal is for DM not to create more work, but to provide faculty members with an efficient and fast way to keep their CVs current, while at the same time reducing the reporting burden that we currently have.
- Instruction booklet
- CV Submission
Deadline is March 19, 2010
Send as a Word document to AG-EVAL-L@lsv.uky.edu. Please save it with your last name and DMCV, ie: ObryckiDMCV.
- COA Implementation Committees
Dr. Scott Shearer
Jamie Profitt email@example.com
Dr. Bob Harmon firstname.lastname@example.org
Lesley Oliver email@example.com
Dr. Ron Werner-Wilson firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Lisa Collins email@example.com
Karen Ramage firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Larry Grabau email@example.com
Dr. Larry Jones
Brooke Stone firstname.lastname@example.org
Kevin Horn email@example.com
Darlene Mylin firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let committee members know your suggestions and questions
- If you would like a DM implementation committee member to talk to your faculty or staff group about DM, please send a request to AG-EVAL-L@lsv.uky.edu.