Mercury is a naturally occurring metal that can have a negative impact upon our health. For many years, mercury has been used in a number of beneficial products. However, exposure to mercury vapors or methylmercury in fish can be problematic. This Web site provides access to information that outlines the potential health impacts from mercury exposure, and provides tips for reducing your chance of coming in contact with the dangerous forms of mercury. Follow the links below to access information about mercury.
Publications (PDF format):
Links to Additional Information
Please note: The following Web sites are not managed by the University of Kentucky. The university does not review, control or take responsibility for these sites.
For Extension Agents and lesson leaders:
A variety of resources are available for your use in presenting lessons about mercury concerns. The teaching guide linked below provides suggestions for using all of the materials accessible from this site