- About Us
- Marketing Materials
- Contact Us
COA WEG Volunteer Information Page
Welcome to the COA WEG volunteer information page! Thank you for helping us put our best foot forward to a national and international audience. The information below will help you with some of the more common questions we anticipate UK Village visitors will have, and will hopefully answer many of the questions you have as well.
An overview of some of the many ways the College of Ag is involved in the World Equestrian Games
- Volunteer parking area at Spindletop Hall. Enter Spindletop off Iron Works Pike main entrance. Follow the road to the right and follow the signs to the parking area. You will be required to have a hang tag to park. Volunteer parking map.
- Our UK Village Volunteer Center will be located at the Snack Barn near the pool area of Spindletop Hall. This center will be staffed.
- You will catch a shuttle to the Horse Park from this location.
- Getting your packet. Your packet will have your polo shirt, parking hang tag, name tag and a parking map. We will alert you when those packets are ready. Once they are, unless you have made other arrangements, you will pick up your packet in the Equine Initiative Office in N212 Ag Science North on the UK Campus.
Volunteer schedules (coming soon)
A look at College of Agriculture printed materials at the Games:
- College of Agriculture accordion brochure. One will be included in each backpack we give away and additional copies will be available at COA’s booth.
- Equine Initiative postcard. One will be included in each backpack we give away and additional copies will be available at COA’s booth.
- Bluegrass Equine Digest bookmark. One will be included in each backpack we give away and additional copies will be available at COA’s booth.
- Arboretum information piece. This piece will be included in each backpack we give away.
- “Big Blue” postcard highlighting the Equine Initiative’s Horse Mania horse. Will be available at COA’s booth.
About the College of Agriculture and COA at WEG:
- The COA WEG guide (includes information about:)
- Quick facts on the College of Agriculture
- Detailed information on College academic programs, scholarships, farms, research
- Information for prospective students on how to apply
- Copy of the graphics/panels depicting the College that will be in booth and a little bit about the photos visitors will see
About WEG and the Horse Park:
- Official 2010 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games site
- The WEG Spectator Guide
- List of items not permitted at the Horse Park during the Games
- Maps of the Kentucky Horse Park
- History of the World Equestrian Games
- Information about the Kentucky Horse Park
- Competition events overview
- Competition schedule
- Other attractions overview
- Equine Village demonstrations schedule
Other important information:
- UK HealthCare information on accessing health assistance at the Park (coming soon)
- Safety information
- Information on interacting with international visitors
- UK's website
- UK HealthCare's website
- Saddle Up Safely website
If people ask about tours of UK COA, Gluck, farms or other COA departments, please refer them to the Equine Initiative Office. There will be multiple tours available for those who might be interested. Who to contact with questions or for more information about COA at WEG: Equine Initiative Office, 859-257-2226 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks again for your help. We could not do this without you!