- Invasive Species Removal Program - Click here to learn more about this program.
- Kentucky Forestry Economic Impact 2014- The Kentucky Forestry Economic Impact Reports are now available. Please click on the report below to view either the Summary or the entire report.
For more information about the Kentucky Forestry Economic Impact reports, click here.
- Kentucky Master Woodland Stewards Program - [more...] Register now for this program. The Kentucky Master Woodland Stewards Program is looking for a group of Kentucky residents that embrace a woodland stewardship ethic, want to learn more about sound woodland management, and are willing to share what they learn. A limited number of participants will be accepted into the program. Click here for more information.
- Kentucky Forest Leadership Program -[more...] Register now for the Leadership Program. Click here for more information.
- SOAR Forestry Economic Report White Paper - [more...] The SOAR Forestry Economic Report White Paper is posted at this link and developed by the University of Kentucky, College of Agriculture, Food, and Environment, Department of Forestry – Extension. The report provides the potential economic contribution that can, over time, be reasonably attained by expansion of forest industry in the 54 county SOAR region. Contact Jeff Stringer, the papers lead author for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Kentucky Forestry Economic Impact 2014-2015 - [more...] Forestry participated in the 2015 Kentucky Agricultural Economic Outlook news conference. Click below to see Dr. Stringer's presentation.
- It is with profound sadness and a deep sense of loss that we report thepassing of Dr. Tom Barnes, Professor/Extension Wildlife Specialist at the University of Kentucky. Tom passed away at his home in Barbourville, KY. Tom was a well-known and respected member of the Forestry Department and College of Agriculture, Food and Environment family for almost 26 years – he will be sorely missed. For more information about Dr. Barnes, please visit here.
- Forestry Fall Webinars - [more...] The Fall Webinar Series is gearing up again with Winter Tree ID, Bears in KY, and more.
- 2014 Tax Tips [more...]
- Emerald Ash Borer - [more...] Need EAB information?
- Kentucky Forestry Economic Impact Report - [more...] See the new 2013-14 report.
- Nature and Outdoor Photography Blog - [more...] This blog focuses on outdoor and nature photography. It will showcase the state of Kentucky, it's landscapes, habitats, wildlife, wildflowers and waterfalls.
- 2012 - 2013 Kentucky Forestry Economic Impact Report [more...] Click here for detailed information about the detailed report.
- Selling Black Walunts ... Walnut huller locations available. [more...]
- Win With Wood - [more...] Click the green link to visit the Win With Wood website.
- Forestry Webinar Series - Learn about upcoming webinars and watch recorded webinars with topics such as Tree ID, Waterfalls, and Timber Marketing. [more...]
- Carbon Footprint and Market Analyzer for Hardwood Mills- Forty percent of the output of hardwood lumber mills winds up in long-lived products. [more...]
- Snake ID - Found a snake and not sure what it is? [more...]
- Asian longhorned beetle has been found in Ohio, to learn more visit www.beetlebusters.info
- Blogs....Click here for the latest blogs from UK Forestry Extension.
- Kentucky Woodlands Magazine ... Read the latest edition of the magazine [more...]
- Storm Damage Information [more...]
- Test Your Knowledge ... Take our Test Your Knowledge quiz [more...]
- Slippery Elm Bark....click here to learn [more...]
- Profitable Farms and Woodlands: A Practical Guide to Agroforestry
for Landowners, Farmers and Ranchers [more...]
- Join Our Mailing List...click here to be directed to our E-News email list. By signing up you will receive e-mails about Forestry related information.
- See our archived e-newsletters. Click here.
To learn more about what's happening in Forestry Extension....Click here.