Ohio River Valley Woodland and Wildlife Workshop
The Ohio River Valley Woodlands and Wildlife (ORVWW) Workshop to be held on March 24, 2012 is designed to provide YOU, the woodland and wildlife property owner, with forestry and wildlife related educational opportunities.
It will be held at Kings Island Resort and Confernce Center, 5691 Kings Island Dr., Mason, OH.
Examples of last year's topics:
* Identification and Control Options for Some Woodland Invasive Plants - Kathy
Smith, OSU Extension, SENR
* Forest Wildlife Management - Brian MacGowan, Purdue Extension
* Using Google Earth to Map - Your Woodland Resources - Dave Apsley, OSU Extension
10 a.m.- noon
* Finance and Tax Aspects of Your Woodland Investment - William Hoover, Purdue University Extension
* Identification & Uses of Wood - Eric McConnell, OSU Extension SENR and Terry Conners, UK Forestry Extension
* Scat, Tracks, Sights& Sounds: ID The Wildlife on Your Property - Marne Titchenell, OSU Extension, SENR and Rob Chapman, Purdue University Extension
Lunch - provided on site
* Some Key Tree ID Characteristics - Kathy Smith, OSU Extension SENR
* The New Forest Threat: Asian Longhorned Beetle - Amy Stone, OSU Extension
* Black Bears Return to Western Appalachia: Challenges & Opportunities - John Cox, UK Forestry
* Native Shrub ID - Some Favorites for Wildlife& Landscaping - Sally Weeks, Purdue University
* Quail Habitat: What's In It For Me? - Rob Chapman, Purdue University Extension
* Improving Your Forest - Doug McLaren, UK Forestry Extension
* Woodland Fungi - Jim Chatfield, OSU Extension
* Building a Family Friendly Pond - Bob Durborow, Kentucky State
* Extension Aquaculture - Things to Consider Before Selling Your Timber - Dave Apsley, OSU Extension
Click here for a brochure.
Click here to register.
For more information, call 859.257.7597.