Updated July 2014
KEHA 2014-2015 NEW!
Turn the Page….
The Future is Now
Updated June 2014
Scholarships and Grants
Tax Exempt and Financial Information
The Kentucky Extension Homemakers Association (KEHA) is a volunteer organization that works to improve the quality of life for families and communities through leadership development, volunteer service and education.
2015 KEHA Newsletter
Newsletter in Color
Newsletter in Grayscale
Mailing of the printed newsletters has been delayed by the winter weather the week of February 16. Newsletters should arrive in members’ mailboxes in early March.
Mark your calendars!
2015 KEHA State Meeting – May 4-7, 2015
Crowne Plaza Hotel
830 Phillips Lane, Louisville, KY 40209
Make reservations beginning June 3, 2014 by calling
Request the KEHA rate of $104 + tax (1-4 people).
KEHA Contest and Report Reminders
Items due to Sharon Wood, 2nd Vice President, 11 Cindy Ann Avenue, Campbellsville, KY 42718
• Appendix 18 – Membership & Recognition Report - Due 2/1/15
• Handbook 111-113 – Study or Research Mini-Grant (open to KEHA members, FCS agent and FCS state staff) – Due 3/1/15
• Handbook 114-115C – KEHA Development Grant Application (proposal must be prepared by homemaker member and outline role of homemakers in project) – Due 3/1/15
Items due to Kitty Davis, Cultural Arts Chairman, 2501 Irvin Cobb Road, Murray, KY 42071
• Handbook 44-45 – Creative Writing: Poetry, Memoirs, and Short Story – Entries due 3/1/15
Items due to Martha Sue Hargrove, Leadership Development Chairman, 30 Turley Drive, Belton, KY 42324
• Handbook 102-106 – Evans/Weldon/Hansen Scholarship Application – Due 3/1/15
• Handbook 107-109 – Homemaker Scholarship Application – Due 3/1/15
• Handbook 93 – Community Volunteerism Awards (club and county) – Entries due 3/1/15
Items due to Ruth Dietsch, Family & Individual Development Chairman, 4852 St Rt 1820, Cunningham, KY 42035
• Handbook 63 – Celebrating Healthier Lifestyles, Supporting Military Families Contest or Returning New or Vintage Items to Useful Purposes (Entries due 3/1/15)
Items due to Michelle Lawson, Food, Nutrition & Health Chairman, 430 Fairmont Road, Brandenburg, KY 40108
• Handbook 66 – Ovarian Cancer Fundraising Contest – Entries due 3/1/15
• Handbook 67 – Promoting a Healthy Kentucky Contest – Entries due 3/1/15
• Handbook 67 – Healthier Kentucky Family Recipe Contest – Entries due 3/1/15
Items due to Devonna Hisel, 1845 Azbill Road, McKee, KY 40447
• Handbook 74 – Promoting Local Businesses in Your Community Contest (individual and club contests) – Entries due 3/1/15
Items due to Cathy Kunkel-Mains, International Chairman, 13127 Madison Pike, Morning View, KY 41063• Handbook 81 & 81A – International Project Awards – Entries due 3/1/15
Congratulations to Pat Carter from Crittenden County. She designed the winning bookmark in the contest to create a new reading rewards bookmark for KEHA
Let's Boost Our EGO!
The 2014 KEHA Membership Drive challenges all members to boost our EGO – Everyone Get One – and show others the Way to Go.
The county with the greatest percentage increase in membership will receive $100 and the Ms. E. Go traveling trophy.
The county with the greatest increase in number of members will receive $100 and the Ms. Way To Go traveling trophy.
80th Anniversary Print Available
The Kentucky Extension Homemakers Association is celebrating our 80th anniversary this year. A special print is available to commemorate this milestone.