The links to the Team UP Cancer Media Toolkit materials on this Web page are part of a breast and cervical cancer awareness campaign. These materials are for use by County Extension Agents in Breathitt, Elliott, Floyd, Johnson, Lawrence, Magoffin, Martin, Powell and Wolfe counties. These counties were selected to participate in the Pilot Program because they have high mortality rates for these cancers.
The materials (bookmarks, a general brochure, church bulletin inserts, and a flyer) are tools to help you educate women in your area about breast and cervical cancer screening. They can be printed in color or black and white.
The files are in PDF format and can be localized. If you have Adobe Acrobat© you can localize them in your office.
The Regional Program and Development Coordinator’s Office can localize the materials for you upon request. Contact Betty Warren or Jackie Allen to request that service.
This tool kit includes the following materials for distribution to the public:
- Mammogram and Pap tests bookmarks: The bookmarks have two sides, one with general information and a place to list the appropriate health department or clinic where Pap tests or mammograms can be scheduled. Localize the back side of the bookmarks by recognizing local coalition members, local events or local resources, as well as local identities. This side is to be used at the discretion of the local Extension agent or other local agencies involved in this effort. Copy onto front and back of colored cardstock. Cut in half vertically to make 4-1/4” x 11” cards.
- Brochure: The brochure is to be localized with the appropriate information on where mammograms can be scheduled and where to go if you cannot afford the cost of both mammograms and pap tests. Localize the back side of the brochure with coalition members, local events and/or local resources and identities. Copy onto front and back of colored heavy weight paper or cardstock. Fold in half to make a 4-page brochure.
- Church bulletin insert: The insert can be localized with an appropriate scripture or church information on the front, and local health department information the back. Instruct the churches to copy onto front and back of colored paper or lightweight card stock and cut in half vertically to make two 8.5” x 5.5” inserts.
A suggested excerpt from scripture:
“Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? ... Therefore honor God with your body.”
1 Corinthians 6:19-20
- Flyer: Insert the local health department information and use the back side to localize with coalition members, local events and or resources. Use the back side for local identity. Copy onto regular colored paper or use fluorescent pink or brightly colored paper to use as posters in stores or local bulletin boards. When using bright paper, make sure the contrast with the ink makes it legible.
- Press Release and Photos: In addition, the tool kit contains a press release and two photos of local cancer survivors for electronic release to newspapers in your county. Please contact your local media to obtain their current email addresses.
- Tracking Forms :
The development of the HEEL program was made possible by Senator Mitch McConnell with funds earmarked for the University of Kentucky, College of Agriculture, Lexington, KY and budgeted through the CSREES/USDA Federal Administration.