Principles Supporting Fatherhood
- All fathers can be important contributors to the well-being of their children.
- Parents are partners in raising their children, even when they do not live in the same household.
- The roles fathers play in families is diverse and related to cultural and community norms.
- Men should receive the education and support necessary to prepare them for the responsibility of parenthood.
- CES can encourage and promote father involvement through its programs and through its own workforce policies.
Adapted from http://www.fatherhood.gov/dads/being-a-dad/importance-of-being-a-father