Adobe Dreamweaver Software
Drupal Software (College Departments/Units):
Watch these informative PowerPoint presentation with pdf printouts) on using the content management system, Drupal. These five training sessions include how to get started using the system for your department or unit. We also list training resources and information on Drupal.
Resources: Drupal Cheat Sheet
with general instructions for the toolbars e-Training:
This is a free software training site (previously called executrain). It has Dreamweaver and all kinds of software training for UK users. The link gets you to the main site, and you will need to request a course library. Lynda.com
- Software training by subscription http://www.learnbythedrop.com
: Free Drupal tutorials
Drupal Basics for Extension:
- Here's a Drupal Training Wiki for supporting our Extension Counties throughout the state. The instructions are customized to demonstrate how to use Drupal with the current Drupal theme.
- Screencasts for Drupal users.
- Drupal Cheat Sheet with general instructions for the toolbars
- Blackboard 101 for Instructors:
This session provides an overview of the Blackboard course management system. Topics include navigation, adding course content, using the grade center and course tools.
- Teaching with Technology: Web Conferencing
Learn how to use the Adobe Connect web conferencing system for conducting interactive online sessions.
What Digital Files to Use
Here's a great resource on the different type of digital files commonly used in publishing.
Learn about Google Documents, Using the Forms templates, presentation and more...
- Watch videos on Lync
- Best for internal use(University employees)
- Small meetings(5 or less). However, as Microsoft showed last week(meeting I attended had over 100 attendees) and Dr. Palmer has used it successfully for large meetings(10 or more)
- Usually the Lync client is used for attending meetings. If the browser is used when attending a meeting Internet Explorer is the best browser to use(we've seen issues with Chrome)
- Recordings of Lync meetings are saved on the person who setup the recordings local PC
- Postage Management:
Recording and tracking the money you spend on postage is easy with the Postage Management System. This session will show you how.
- Satori/MailRoom Tookit:
Learn the basics of using this software for processing standard mail. Topics include zip+4, CASS, and setting up your template.
Marketing Resources: URL
Learn about the college graphic standards, download official logos for the college/Extension, get templates, order business cards, badges etc.
Contact: Becky Simmermacher
- Microsoft Office 2010 UK e-training
provides self-paced online lessons in Microsoft Office 2010. Online resources such as the Microsoft Office 2010 Visual QuickStart Guide and Microsoft Office Professional 2010 Step by Step are also available for your use. see UK site
News and Media
- Working with the News Media and Writing for Print:
Learn the professional approach to contact and work with the news media whether they are calling on you as a news source to comment on a story or assist them with a news contact. Also learn how and whom to contact in the news media if you are requesting coverage of your news event. Learn news writing tips and skills for crafting an effective news release or help with writing your weekly newspaper column.
Contact: Jeff Franklin
- Media Training
This session will provide tips on working with media and understanding your role in reaching your clients through print, radio and television. The program will include:
- General overview of media relations tips
- Dos and Don't
- Knowing the players
- Understanding your role
- Importing Photographic Images from Photoshop, Lightroom and Picasa to Gallery:
This workshop will provide basic information and procedures for transferring photo images to the Gallery photo library program used by the College of Agriculture to store photographs.
- Using Lightroom to Improve the Photographic Image:This workshop will take students through a step-by-step procedure designed to enhance and improve the photographic image using the tools available. This training is intended for serious photographers and not the casual user.
Contact: Jeff Franklin
- Finding Publications on the Web:
There are several ways to find the numbered publications you're looking for on the college's website. Take this quick tour to learn more.
Contact: Dennis Duross
- Developing a Podcast Delivery System:
This workshop provides a basis for developing a recording known as a podcast and delivery procedures to subscribers. Students will evaluate podcast software, recording procedures, and the philosophy behind podcasting to an audience.
Contact: Jeff Franklin
- Using Twitter:
In this session, you will learn how to use the popular social media application called Twitter for distributing information
- Creating and Using a Blog:
This session provides information on how to setup and use a weblog (aka blog).
- Video Editing Software
Windows Movie Maker (Compatible with Microsoft Me, XP, Vista. Windows Movie Maker 2.6 for Vista is compatible with Windows 7 and recommended by video editors). It features effects, transitions, titles/credits, audio track, and timeline narration.
- Windows Live Movie Maker (Compatible with versions of Microsoft Vista and newer, within the Microsoft Windows Live). Windows Live Movie Maker allows users to publish videos to Facebook, YouTube, and Flickr, as well creating HD videos.
- iMovie (Mac OS X in the iLife suite)iMovie is a proprietary video editing software application which allows Mac, iPod Touch, iPhone and iPad users to edit their own home movies.
tutorials on how to post your video to the UKAgVideo Center (need log in)
How to clear your computer cache: