- Disclosure of Financial Interest Education - MUST be completed before account is set up, once every five years.
- Review proposed budget vs. awarded budget for any changes or revisions
- Review PADR (project account data record)
- Bud Rule Crosswalk
- Sponsored Classes (determines g/l codes allowed)
- Payroll (direct charged vs. cost share)
- Annotated Examples:
- Cost Share Information Sheet
Implementing Your Project
- Development of communication and public relation plans (i.e. websites, announcements)
- Workshops, conferences and symposia
- Field activities
Monitoring Your Grant Account - use PPT?
- PI_Reports - Sent out monthly from Sponsored Projects Accounting (SPA). Gives a list of all grant account expenses such as personnel, travel, and supplies.
- AG-GRANTS Reports - Sent out monthly from CAFE. Gives a one line snapshot of the direct cost balance.
- BW PI Summary - Report furnished by some departments that shows budget line balances.
Closing Your Project
- 60 Day Notice - Sent by SPA. Notice to PI and department administrator to review expenses charged to the project
- 30 Day Notice - Reminder sent by SPA
- Between 30 and 90 days after account ends - SPA will JV disallowed expenses or negative account balances onto departmental overrun accounts